Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to record gameplay ?

I want to "try" to record some minecrafts videos & some sims 3 videos , But I have no clue where to start. lol What kinda of stuff do you need for all that? Also , anymore useful things to know about doing pc gaming? tips maybe 😝

Mac Pro, Birthday Present :p

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 11:43 AM

I dunno much either. I Show U HD is available on the App store and I think Quicktime wil record if you're desperate (low framerate though)

as for PC gaming, I couldn't say. I tried VMWare Fusion and it seemed to do okay as long as the game wasn't too challenging technically, eg don't expect to be running the PC version of Diablo III on your Mac. Parallels should be okay. I don't have a preference either way

Of course, you could install Boot Camp, but that's too esoteric for me and too able for me to screw it up, ie not goof-proof. Whatever solution, you'd probably need a copy of Windows Xp with service pack 3 or Windows 7

as well. Crossover works fine, but only with stuff from 1999 or earlier, it's goof-proof, easy to setup and run

your mileage may vary.....

John b

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2013 11:43 AM in response to rainbow_

I dunno much either. I Show U HD is available on the App store and I think Quicktime wil record if you're desperate (low framerate though)

as for PC gaming, I couldn't say. I tried VMWare Fusion and it seemed to do okay as long as the game wasn't too challenging technically, eg don't expect to be running the PC version of Diablo III on your Mac. Parallels should be okay. I don't have a preference either way

Of course, you could install Boot Camp, but that's too esoteric for me and too able for me to screw it up, ie not goof-proof. Whatever solution, you'd probably need a copy of Windows Xp with service pack 3 or Windows 7

as well. Crossover works fine, but only with stuff from 1999 or earlier, it's goof-proof, easy to setup and run

your mileage may vary.....

John b

How to record gameplay ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.