Skip navigation

How do I change email address attached to unverifiable Apple ID?

613 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2013 3:34 PM by Imp68 RSS
AndyYang24 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 27, 2013 12:04 PM

I haven't verified my Apple ID because the email address attached has been deactivated for inactivity. The email address is a @yahoo.com" email address if this helps. Is there anyway to change the address attached and activate it and use my store credit?

I have some store credit left on the account and dont want to have to swap accounts. I just need a way to change the primary email address but cannot seem to when it keeps sending verifications to a deactivated email address.

Please help, and thankyou!

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3, Appleid
  • randers4 Level 9 Level 9 (53,115 points)

Did you try going to https://appleid.apple.com to manage your account, then clicking the Edit link next to the primary email address?

• Imp68 Level 4 Level 4 (2,135 points)

You can't use the 'manage' option on an account where the primary email address (the apple id) needs to be verified. When you attempt to use the manage option, you are only presented with an option to resend the verification email and nothing else.  If this is the case, you'll have to reset the password to your old yahoo account and then resend that verification email to get access to your apple id account.

Then you can go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and sign into manage your apple id and change the email address.  Keep in mind, you can't change the email address to another email address that is already an apple id, so make sure you don't create an apple id out of your new email address.

If for some reason you can't get the password reset on your yahoo account, then I think you might be out of luck.  You can try to contact apple and see if the verification email can be sent to a different address, but I wouldn't count on it.

More interestingly, though... how did you get credit onto an apple id that's not verified?  If it's from a gift card which has an untouched balance, contact expresslane.apple.com and see if they can transfer it.  If the balance has been used in some way, they won't be able to transfer it.

Message was edited by: Imp68

• Imp68 Level 4 Level 4 (2,135 points)

What is the EXACT message you see when attempting to login into the manage section of appleid.apple.com?

And I didn't mention resetting the password for your apple id account.  I was talking about the yahoo account.

Message was edited by: Imp68

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.