Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change email address attached to unverifiable Apple ID?

I haven't verified my Apple ID because the email address attached has been deactivated for inactivity. The email address is a @yahoo.com" email address if this helps. Is there anyway to change the address attached and activate it and use my store credit?

I have some store credit left on the account and dont want to have to swap accounts. I just need a way to change the primary email address but cannot seem to when it keeps sending verifications to a deactivated email address.

Please help, and thankyou!

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3, Appleid

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 12:04 PM

4 replies

Aug 27, 2013 12:26 PM in response to AndyYang24

You can't use the 'manage' option on an account where the primary email address (the apple id) needs to be verified. When you attempt to use the manage option, you are only presented with an option to resend the verification email and nothing else. If this is the case, you'll have to reset the password to your old yahoo account and then resend that verification email to get access to your apple id account.

Then you can go to https://appleid.apple.com/ and sign into manage your apple id and change the email address. Keep in mind, you can't change the email address to another email address that is already an apple id, so make sure you don't create an apple id out of your new email address.

If for some reason you can't get the password reset on your yahoo account, then I think you might be out of luck. You can try to contact apple and see if the verification email can be sent to a different address, but I wouldn't count on it.

More interestingly, though... how did you get credit onto an apple id that's not verified? If it's from a gift card which has an untouched balance, contact expresslane.apple.com and see if they can transfer it. If the balance has been used in some way, they won't be able to transfer it.

Message was edited by: Imp68

How do I change email address attached to unverifiable Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.