You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor for Mac Mini

I have purchased a Dell S2440L 24 inch monitor. Will this work with the Mac Mini. I am days away from purchasing the i5 model. I just want to make sure it will work and look OK with his monitor. I dont need to the screen for now to look amazing but I dont want it to look horrible either.If it will not I will return. Please help!

Warranty Terms - Parts1 year limited
Warranty Terms - Labor1 year limited
Height16.5" with stand (11.7" without)
Width22.3" with stand
Weight10.9 lbs. with stand (7.9 lbs. without)
Monitor TypeLED
Screen Size (Measured Diagonally)24"Size of the screen, in inches, measured diagonally from corner to corner.
Maximum Resolution1920 x 1080Maximum number of pixels a monitor is capable of displaying. The higher the resolution, the sharper the image.
Aspect Ratio16:9Describes the relationship between the width and the height of a display. Standard displays are 4:3, while widescreen displays are 16:9.
Response Time6 ms
Brightness250 cd/m²Measurement of light output. The higher the brightness, the more visible the picture will be in rooms with a lot of light.
Contrast Ratio8,000,000:1 dynamic; 5000:1 typicalDifference between the brightest white and the darkest black a display can reproduce. The higher the contrast ratio, the better the color detail.
TV TunerNoEnables reception of TV programs.
CompatibilityPC
Antiglare CoatingNoReduces screen glare from windows and lights.
Speakers IncludedNo
VGA InputYes
DVI-D InputNo
DVI-D with HDCP InputNo
HDMI InputYes
TiltYes
TouchscreenNo
ENERGY STAR CertifiedYesENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
Screen Refresh Rate60HzThis refers to how many times per second a TV screen image is completely reconstructed. A TV with a 60Hz refresh rate means that the picture will be completely rebuilt 60 times in one second. Why is this important? Generally, the more the screen is refreshed, the smoother the images will appear.
Product Depth (with stand)7.5"
Product Depth (without stand)1.5"
UPC884116091646

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 1:20 PM

8 replies

Aug 27, 2013 1:30 PM in response to Jay3000

That monitor will work with a Mini, but as is par for the course for Dell... they're selling something that can be matched for less than half the price elsewhere.

I have TWO of these AOC 22" 1920X1080 monitors connected to my Mini and they were less for BOTH than that Dell.

If you don't care for AOC, LG has similar monitors for the same price.

Aug 27, 2013 2:24 PM in response to Jay3000

User uploaded file

That's my secondary monitor (Left side).

User uploaded file

That's my main monitor (Right side).

Judge for yourself. I plugged the HDMI-DVI adapter in, plugged into the Monitor, and powered everything up. Adding a second was as easy as getting a Mini Display to VGA adapter and plugging the cable into the monitor. The OS immediately picked it up and opened my Display Preferences so I could configure it.

Monitor for Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.