Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac stuck in OS X utility's.

Hi, my mac is stuck in os x utilitys. I can't reinstall My OS X because it gives me a rainbow wheel signing to the App Store error, it never stopped so I forced shutdown and restarted my Mac with command + r. So than I thought it was the Hard drive so I deleted Macintosh HD (i know bad idea), then trying to delete my 1TB Apple HDD. The Macintosh HDD deleted good, but my 1 TB apple HDD gave me an error saying couldn't unmount disk. Now every time I start my Mac I go straight into OS X utility's.And then today when I went to disk utility's under 1 TB Apple HDD it showed disk0s1, so I tried deleting it and it gave me an error saying "Volume earased faild, mediakit reports not enough space on device for requested operation". So than I taught it was Macintosh HD, Macintosh HD had the same error as Disk0s1.

So please someone HELP!!

Here's a picture of the problem: http://s16.postimg.org/n57ir5t51/image.jpg

iMac

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 1:25 PM

1 reply

iMac stuck in OS X utility's.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.