Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So if you import a numbers document from a mac to iPad which has a conditional format rule such as a cell with a score between 1-10 fills with the colour black will still work on the iPad? Not being able to edit it just means you can't change this rule?

I want to use numbers on my iPad mini for a team I coach. I have a spreadsheet on my mac I want to import onto the iPad mini for players to enter in wellness ratings. On this spreadsheet (on the mac) I have a conditioning formatting rule that when a player enters in their numbers the cells fill with black so others can't see their entries (to maintain privacy). Will this function import across onto iPad numbers? From the discussion I saw on this site it only partly answers my question stating "it cannot be edited" does this mean the conditional formatting rule cannot be changed and therefore will still work or the whole spreadsheet can't be edited and you can only view the spreadsheet and make no new entries to it?

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 2:17 PM

There are no replies.

So if you import a numbers document from a mac to iPad which has a conditional format rule such as a cell with a score between 1-10 fills with the colour black will still work on the iPad? Not being able to edit it just means you can't change this rule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.