If I reply to an email, when I select REPLY or REPLY ALL, the reply email will open in a new window. However, at that moment it behaves as if I selected REPLY or REPLY ALL TWICE. Two incidents of the exact same reply window will open at the exact same time. The issue is inconsistent. About 1 out of every 5 to 8 replies will create this issue.
Actions by me:
1. Killed all email (iMap) accounts. (Mix between iMap and iCloud accounts).
2. Reloaded one account at a time and tested a reply.
3. I have Command +R and reloaded Mountain Lion.
4. I have booted up in safe mode and just used email only.
5. I have changed the batteries in the "Magic Mouse"
6. I have killed the bluetooth connection on the mouse and recreated.
7. I have switched to a different magic mouse.
8. I have tried only the Track Pad.
9. I have reboot the computer before, during and after all of these an endless number of times.
10. I have run Disk Doctor and have repaired permissions and disk.
11. I have run a Virus scan.
12. I have tested a 2nd iMac next to my current iMac (no sign of the issue)
13. I have tested MacBook Pro next to my current iMac (no sign of the issue)
I cannot find any notes or sign that this is an issue on the web for anyone else. This is a new issue as of Monday this week. I have not loaded any new softwares. I have run the most recent OS Updates from the App store.
I have NOT reset PRAM as I assume the new install of OS using command + R would do that. I'll try that after I post this.
I'm receptive to any idea or thought. I believe I will now try to uninstall MAIL by using MacKeeper. Not sure if I can even do that but I'll give it a shot.