Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to open Port 85 & 37777 for NVR

I recently purchased a security camera system (Q-SEE / QC Series) for my house but the system required to have open ports 85 and 37777 to be able to view the cameras from outside the local network ie: from my computer at work.

Can someone please help me? I'm not a computer savy and I'm having a hard time to be able to accomplish this task.

Thank you in advance

Time Capsule-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 6:56 PM

It sounds like what you need to do is set up port forwarding on your router.

This usually requires that you have a router that you can actually administer. Many routers supplied by ISPs are locked down and cannot be reconfigured. If you actually own your router, there should be a web interface you can use (the address is often http://192.168.1.1/ , but check in System Preferences/Network). If you use an Apple Airport as your router, you should use the Airport Utility instead.

Either way, you need to find out the IP address of your camera, and set up port forwarding from that private address, using those two ports (85, 37777) to your public IP address.

If you're totally stuck, post back with the model of your router, and we'll try to help further.

Matt

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2013 6:56 PM in response to TOPOGIGO

It sounds like what you need to do is set up port forwarding on your router.

This usually requires that you have a router that you can actually administer. Many routers supplied by ISPs are locked down and cannot be reconfigured. If you actually own your router, there should be a web interface you can use (the address is often http://192.168.1.1/ , but check in System Preferences/Network). If you use an Apple Airport as your router, you should use the Airport Utility instead.

Either way, you need to find out the IP address of your camera, and set up port forwarding from that private address, using those two ports (85, 37777) to your public IP address.

If you're totally stuck, post back with the model of your router, and we'll try to help further.

Matt

Aug 27, 2013 8:27 PM in response to Matt Clifton

First I want to thank you for taking the time to respond to my concern, I'm using an Apple Airport Time Capsule as my router, I do have the IP address for each camera if anything I would like to share the following video the link is as follow http://qsee.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1258/~/video%3A-how-to-set-up-a -qc-series-dvr-for-remote-monitoring-on-a-mac-using-upnp the problem I'm having thru this process is when I test the ports in the Open Port Check Tool website I always get an error for both ports, I dont know what to do?

Aug 27, 2013 11:06 PM in response to TOPOGIGO

Matt's pointed you in the right direction - ignore the stuff about uPNP, you just need to use AirPort Admin to configure your time capsule - setup port forwarding to forward ports 85 and 37777 to the IP address of your camera.

Use AirPort Utility to access your Time Capsule. Under the Network tab you have the configuration for the network, including port forwarding options:

User uploaded file

Click the + button to add a port forwaring rule and add the first public port (e.g. 85) and the IP address of the camera on the LAN that it should be forwarded to:

User uploaded file

Here I've created a rule for port 85 - I'm assuming it's using TCP, but if it's using UDP just add the port values into the UDP fields instead (or in addition to). Also set the IP address to your camera's address (which probably isn't 10.0.1.201 as above).

Rinse and repeat for port 37777

How to open Port 85 & 37777 for NVR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.