Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use iPhoto slideshows in iDVD or iMovie

Hi Folks,

I hope, someone can help me:

I have made a slideshow in iPhoto. According to the product description, it should be possible to use an iPhoto slideshow in iDVD or iMovie.

But how? iPhoto slideshows are not shown in the media-window. Drag & drop dows also not work.

What is he secret to get iPhoto slideshows into iDVD or iMovie?

Ciao

Holger

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Jun 18, 2006 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2006 3:15 PM

Open your Slideshow, select all, and use the "Send to iDVD" from the iPhoto "Share" menus at the top

This creates a QT movie for use in iDVD, and you can also import that QT into iMovie if you want to. I like to use iPhoto and iMovie together this way, as you can build the slideshow quicker in iPhoto, but then you can use the iMovie titles, sound control, etc.

John B.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2006 3:15 PM in response to Holger Möller

Open your Slideshow, select all, and use the "Send to iDVD" from the iPhoto "Share" menus at the top

This creates a QT movie for use in iDVD, and you can also import that QT into iMovie if you want to. I like to use iPhoto and iMovie together this way, as you can build the slideshow quicker in iPhoto, but then you can use the iMovie titles, sound control, etc.

John B.

Use iPhoto slideshows in iDVD or iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.