After being connected to a charging source overnight
- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode
- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.
- Try on another computer
- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.
- Try another cable. Some 5G iPods were shipped with Lightning cable that were either initially defective or failed after short use.
- Try another charging source
- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.
- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.