Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

broken ipod, can i retrieve the data (songs) off it?

so my ipod classic 160gb got wet after a camping trip. put it in a bowl of dry rice for a couple of days and still nothing. decided that i would check youtube for videos on how it pull it apart to try and dry it out more since it is past warrenty. didnt do the best job pulling it apart but didnt break anything at the time. i removed the battery wires which i think was my biggest mistake. after letting it dry out another day or so i decided to try and reassemble it but did horrible. i bent the prongs that the battery cable was supposed to go on and after trying to straighten them out a couple times some fell out. i figure my device is completely broken since plugging it in comes up with nothing plus my botched repair job. the computer i had my itunes and all my songs on also conveniently took a crap. i am not much of a techie but wanted to know if all my songs are forever lost or if i can somehow retrieve them off my broken ipod?

iPod classic, Windows XP

Posted on Aug 27, 2013 10:43 PM

There are no replies.

broken ipod, can i retrieve the data (songs) off it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.