Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I open Word doc. on iPad mini?

I'm trying to open up a word document created on my macbook pro on my iPad through mail. I'd rather take my iPad to class then haul my 15 inch macbook 😮

I have tried emailing myself document as an attachment, and opening on my iPad but it won't come up. I attempt to click on the attachment and the option for "mail" pops up and it creates a reply with the attachment in it.

I downloaded Documents and opened through there but my document shows up as blank multiple times. any other suggestions on what I can do, besides emailing myself the plain text not as an attachment? broke college student so I'd rather find a possible free way than purchase Pages 😟

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 1:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 3:14 AM

Not seen any reviews for this but it appears to work:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/documents-free-mobile-office/id306273816?mt=8

HTH, T.

4 replies

Aug 28, 2013 7:40 AM in response to Garzas93

Hi Garzas93,

I use Office2HD. Its great for creating/viewing/editing Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. You can also connect Office2HD to work with your Dropbox account to sync across multiple devices...really handy to be able to work on a document at my office desk on my Mac, have it saved to my Dropbox folder, and then automatically see it in Office2HD on my iPad. No need to email it back and forth. 🙂 It costs $7.99 but well worth it in my opinion. I understand the whole broke college thing... but $7.99 isn't much when you consider it'll last you a few years of college.

If you only want free and if you have an internet connection in class, you could use Google Drive and create/edit documents there. It doesn't have as many features as Word but its a free cloud word processor.

Hope this answers your question!

~Joe

How can I open Word doc. on iPad mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.