Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac WIFI issues with snow leopard can I change router settings?

Hello,

I work for a hotel and some of our guests are having issues logging on to WIFI with there mac's, all pc's tablets and phones are fine. It only seems to be mac's with the latest snow leopard operating system.

We are using ruckas AP's broadcasting a WPA2-AES encrypted signal throughout the hotel. Is there any settings we can change in our system to allow them to log onto the WIFI straight away?

We can get users on with macs but have to type everything in manually and we are not always on site to help mac users get online.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Liam

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 6:57 AM

2 replies

Aug 28, 2013 9:38 AM in response to LFurf

router settings are changing using a browser one type in the ip of the router and it have it's own webserver which

provide you with login and access to all the router settings

you can likely read more about default user and password if you have not set one

and the meaning of the settings in the documentation of the router and if you no longer have

that then a quick google for the brand and model should give you the manual as dpf in a matter of minuts

Aug 28, 2013 11:25 AM in response to LFurf

I have just had a look at the Ruckup web site, I know nothing about your setup but presume you are using the 'Zero-Connect' system of theirs. There seems little support information on the site without creating an account and logging in which I did not want to do. The specification says it supports Mac OS X and IOS, I would contact the support team at Ruckus, there may be a firmware update or a specific settings to allow OS X clients easy access.

http://www.ruckuswireless.com

Mac WIFI issues with snow leopard can I change router settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.