Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to run acer b276hul in full resolution

My company just bought me a new ACER B276HUL monitor. It's really nice (excerpt for the builtin speakers - they stink). My windows co-workers can run their monitors at the full native resolution (2560x1440). To do this they have to use the display port. Turns out that HDMI and DVI both max out at 1920x1xx0. So - I went and bought a Altaz mini-displayport to displayport adaptor to use with my MBA 13" (Mid 2012). If I try to drive the monitor at full resolution, the only thing that happens is that I get 1/5 of the screen filled with what looks like out of sync video. If I drop it down to 2048x1152 resolution, then I can see everything (but it's scaled).

I thought that might have been an issue with the Altaz adaptor so I tried a QVS adaptor. I got the same result from that experiment.

Had anyone been able to use one of these monitors? The Preferences panel for this monitor doesn't let me change the refresh rate. Is there some other way to try to tweak that to see if I can get the OS to sync the full res video?

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 13" MBA

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 9:56 AM

8 replies

Oct 3, 2013 4:18 PM in response to Apple_Question

Problem seems to be solved by the following:

1) Used third-party miniDisplayPort-to-DisplayPort cable; plugged DisplayPort end into monitor

2) Restarted MBA in "Safe" mode (hold Shift key upon MBA start up)

3) Go to Displays in System Preferences

4) Higher resolution 2560x1440 can now be enabled with normal, non-flickering or altered viewing

5) Restart MBA normally

6) Display retains 2560x1440 display settings

7) Note: Also works connected to Belkin Thunderbolt Hub as well as directly connected to MBA Thunderbolt port

Feb 19, 2014 2:19 PM in response to tachijuan2

i also have this monitor and am running at the full resolution (2560x1440) through a mini displayport to displayport cable from my macbook air 2013, but i have a huge black border around my display -- the screen doesn't actually use the full screen completely and there is no option to do an underscan or overscan, and the monitor doesn't allow me to stretch it full (have the setting on widescreen mode: full).

anyone else running into this?

May 8, 2015 7:03 AM in response to tachijuan2

I have a brand new 2 pound MacBook with the USB-C to HDMI adapter, and this Acer monitor doesn't work well with it. I can get the full 2560x1440 resolution, and it looks great, but every 5 seconds to 2 minutes or so the screen turns all green, goes blank, then resets. I tried a second identical display - new out of the box, same thing. Even changing the resolution down to 1080p doesn't help. But plugging into an HP 23" display with HDMI works fine. I'm using a standard HDMI cable as attempts to go from HDMI to Displayport or HDMI to DVI don't seem to work (I think most adapters are intended to have DisplayPort or DVI on the computer side and HDMI on the display side, and this setup is opposite.

how to run acer b276hul in full resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.