Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd Gen iPad repeatedly loses iTunes Match after charging

For over a year, my 3rd generation iPad (Wi-Fi with Cellular) loses the iTunes Match connection, usually after charging. I repeatedly get the message that my iTune Match subscription has expired, which is untrue. ITunes Match works on my other devices without fail. The failure happens at home and away, so it's not a question of my ISP or wireless network.

I have brought the problem to the Genius Bar and discussed it over the phone with Apple tech. I have followed all their suggestions many times, including multiple complete restores. Yet, the problem persists.

Eventually, my iTunes Match connection restores itself, but there seems to be neither rhyme nor reason to the process. It seems to suddenly just correct itself.

Has anybody experienced anything similar? I'm looking for a speedy, proactive fix because it occurs so often.

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 11:36 PM

When you have done a restore on the iPad, what is the process you went through? For example, did you restore the iPad from a backup? Have you done a complete factory reset? Please describe what you did.

15 replies

Aug 29, 2013 6:17 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

It's been a while, but best I can remember, I performed a factory reset and used iTunes Match for a day or so before restoring my other apps from back-up. It seemed fine at first, but then, once again, I started receiving the messages that my subscription had expired. I gave up and just restored all the other apps. Over time, the problem seemed to occur less frequently, but in the past couple of weeks it has returned with a vengeance. I guess, the question is, how many times do I need to go through the reset and restore procedures? One of the Geniuses told me that there was an issue at one point with an earlier iOS and Match with regards to charging, but I have not been able to track down any info on that. Besides, my system is up to date.

I appreciate your interest and your feedback.

Aug 30, 2013 8:23 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

Sounds to me like it'll be "as bad as all that". :-\

Last time, I performed a factory reset. Then, after a couple of days, I began the tedious process of reinstalling my apps one by one, waiting to see if anything happened before proceeding with the next app. Michael, is that what you're suggesting I do again--but going directly back to the app store for each app instead of using my back-ups?

At the risk of sounding dumber than I probably am and wearing out your good will, what would your step by step procedure for this be?

Aug 30, 2013 8:34 AM in response to Murphy Moon

If I were going to do what I suggested I would go to Settings > General > Rest and tap "erase all content and settings." After that process was complete there's no need to re-download anything from the iTunes Store. Just plug into my MBP, launch iTunes, and start syncing my apps and photos. At this point, in my opinion, I don't believe there is any reason for you install apps one at a time then wait to see what happens. Just sync them from the iTunes library.

If you like, before you start syncing apps and photos you can enable iTunes Match first, then do the syncing.

3rd Gen iPad repeatedly loses iTunes Match after charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.