Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access discussion forum ‘unauthorized’

A few days ago I initiated a discussion here in the iMovie forum. I received replies via email, but when I click on the ‘view discussion in context,’ I get an ‘unauthorized access’ message, even though I am properly logged in.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Thanks,

Klaus

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 4:47 PM

8 replies

Aug 29, 2013 1:48 PM in response to Kappy

That’s what’s baffling me. I got one response, which I checked, and everything was fine. Then the second response arrived, and trying to check it gave me the error message. The second response simply drew my attention to the fact that there maybe a tiny snippet that was taken in the ‘wrong’ year and that’s where iMovie files it under (the latest year). In other words, also nothing abusive.

But when I tried to find the whole thread, it had totally disappeared...

Aug 29, 2013 2:00 PM in response to Matthew Morgan

Thank you, that’s exactly what happened. In 2012 we had a trip (55 days) that took us through several time zones, and knowing how picky iPhoto and iMovie are about dates when they import, I was very careful setting the correct time zones. For a single day I must have accidentally also changed the year... Once I found it and corrected it, everything is OK.

The correct date settings is a lesson I have learned the hard way. Now when friends send me media material, I always check the date first before I import it into iPhoto or movie, otherwise they literally disappear among thousands of pictures. I don’t lIke people anymore who tell me that it doesn’t matter what date their camera is set for...

Aug 29, 2013 2:52 PM in response to Kappy

Here is the link:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5262508?answerId=22835211022#22835211022&ac_cid=op123456#22835211

I think your suggestion that just one response was broken is correct. In the big scheme of things, it’s probably quite trivial. Some electrons have lost their way in cyberspace.

This is just a personal note and has nothing to do with anything. I’ve been a member since 2001 (Mac user since 1984) and I am just awestruck about your point accumulation. I have visited practically every forum, and everywhere you are there.

There are three guys, I call them the triumvirate, that rule: Kappy, Linc Davies, Pondini. I don’t know how you do it, but your advice is always spot on. You ARE giving true service. There is much raving and ranting in some of the questions but you always handle them diplomatically. People think you are Apple employees, not volunteers.

Long story short: Thank you.

Cannot access discussion forum ‘unauthorized’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.