Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A chart in Numbers causing crashes

A chart in Numbers is causing Numbers to slow down & stutter when it is seleced or edited. The memory is eventually depleted and Numbers crashes. I'm using Numbers 2008 1.0.3. This chart is pulling info from formulas in a large table. That table is pulling infor from several smaller charts. This is odd to me and it is the first time I have had this problem. I have restart Numbers & the MBP. In both cases, the memnory is returned the same & I restart. The file is fine for a good while unless I start messing with that chart. Then, the free memory excellerates it's disappearing act & Numbers crashes. I will pay closer attention to the wired, active, & inactive. I use iStat to follow this stuff. What could be causing the memory disappearing act & the crashing? It's just a chart. I did see other posting about memory loss for Numbers 2009, but nothing within a year or that really addressed my issue.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2.53 GHz i5; 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 7:20 PM

2 replies

Aug 29, 2013 6:49 PM in response to Wayne Contello

There are only 4 lines with 50 points or less in each line. Maybe my definition of large isn't so large.

I didn't upgrade to Numbers 2009, because it came out so quick that I thought it wouldn't have many changes & I thought another update would come out. I have been waiting for the next update ... and waiting. I'm surprised it has taken this long & am guessing that another should be out any time, now. It has been 5 years and Numbers is missing some seemingly simple features like scatter plots & linear equations.

What would b the advantage of upgrading to Numbers 2009 that would be worth it & how would it eliminate this glitching and crashing?

A chart in Numbers causing crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.