Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to handle different crops for same photo

After using Lightroom for years, I recently processed my first couple weddings start to finish in Aperture and was very pleased with the results.

The first thing I did was work through all the photos, select the best, process them, and make a book. Of course, for the book, I cropped the photos in a variety of ways.

I then wanted to print 100 four-by-sixes. I didn't really want to recrop all the earlier photos.

What's the right or best way to handle this? Hope I've made my question clear.

Will

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 9:30 PM

Create new Vwersions. Crop them. Keep Versions stacked in Adjustment Stacks. Like this:

Select the Images you want. Duplicate Version. Create new Album. Collapse all Stacks. Your newly-created Versions should be the Stack Picks. Activate cropp tool. Crop. Arrow to next Image. Crop. Continue to end.

You now have an Album ready to publish.

(Sent from my miPhone. Sorry for spling.)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2013 9:30 PM in response to William Porter

Create new Vwersions. Crop them. Keep Versions stacked in Adjustment Stacks. Like this:

Select the Images you want. Duplicate Version. Create new Album. Collapse all Stacks. Your newly-created Versions should be the Stack Picks. Activate cropp tool. Crop. Arrow to next Image. Crop. Continue to end.

You now have an Album ready to publish.

(Sent from my miPhone. Sorry for spling.)

Aug 29, 2013 9:08 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Thanks Kirby. Think I've got the idea.

I only want these crops temporarily — long enough to print them (or export them). But it looks like, when I'm done printing or exporting, I can just delete the album. So I think this will work fine.

I enjoyed your iPhone's "spling"!

Will

p,s. GOOD GRIEF I DID IT AGAIN. I clicked "This solved my question" on my own response. I don't even think that should be possible. Sorry. Need to spend more time in the forum and figure out how it works.

Aug 29, 2013 9:22 AM in response to William Porter

William,

the forum software has a race hazzard. If you write an answer and immediately afterwards click the "Solved" or "Helpfu" button, you my accidentally mark yor own post as the solution. Just wait a bit, or mark the posts before you post a "Thank You" answer.

Cheers

Léonie

I clicked "This solved my question" on my ownresponse. I don't even think that should be possible.

It is possible, so you can mark your own solution as such, if you post it. But it will gain you no reputation points 😁

how to handle different crops for same photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.