Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Under purchased books, why are my hidden purchases still there and how can I get rid of them

I have hidden several books and usually under Purchased Books in iBooks, they are gone, but for some reason, the last time I hid some, they were still there. What am I doing wrong or is something wrong with the system. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Aug 28, 2013 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 12:56 AM

My hidden books show under the 'Purchased Books' collection as well (and some books show multiple times), I assume that there is a bug in it (you could leave a 'bug report' feedback via this page). I've set Settings > iBooks > Show Purchases 'off', you can view your purchased books via the Purchased tab in the ibookstore in the iBooks app (which shouldn't show hidden books)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2013 12:56 AM in response to TayteH

My hidden books show under the 'Purchased Books' collection as well (and some books show multiple times), I assume that there is a bug in it (you could leave a 'bug report' feedback via this page). I've set Settings > iBooks > Show Purchases 'off', you can view your purchased books via the Purchased tab in the ibookstore in the iBooks app (which shouldn't show hidden books)

Nov 15, 2013 12:22 PM in response to TayteH

The following worked for me:

1. Disable Settings > iBooks > Show All Purchases

2. Manually close iBooks from your device's multitasking view

3. Open iBooks

4. Enable Settings > iBooks > Show All Purchases

5. Manually close iBooks from your device's multitasking view

6. Open iBooks

After following the above steps, only the purchased books that I haven't hidden we're listed in the "Purchases Books" collection in the iBooks app.

Feb 9, 2014 10:58 AM in response to Lucas Cantor

This worked for me, huge thanks!

Lucas Cantor wrote:

The following worked for me:

1. Disable Settings > iBooks > Show All Purchases

2. Manually close iBooks from your device's multitasking view

3. Open iBooks

4. Enable Settings > iBooks > Show All Purchases

5. Manually close iBooks from your device's multitasking view

6. Open iBooks

After following the above steps, only the purchased books that I haven't hidden we're listed in the "Purchases Books" collection in the iBooks app.

Under purchased books, why are my hidden purchases still there and how can I get rid of them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.