Question: DFU mode to Restore
First: Put the device into DFU mode.
DFU MODE STEPS
- Hold the Power Button (3 secs)
- Continue holding the power button and also hold the home button (15 secs)
- Release the power button while continuing to hold the home button (10 secs)
- Your device should prompt with the "Connect to iTunes Screen"
Second: Plug it into your computer and open iTunes. It will either prompt to restore and up date or you can manually restore using the following steps.
IOS Restore Steps
- Verify that you are using the latest version of iTunes.
- Back up your device.
- Transfer and sync content to your computer.
Restoring your iOS device
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes. Select the Summary tab, and click the Restore button.
- Click Restore.
- After a restore, the iOS device restarts. You should then see "Slide to set up". Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant.
- If needed, restore your device from a previous backup.
MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)