Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac Mini has a problem preventing it from connecting to the internet. I want to upgrade it to Mountain Lion. Can I download the ML installer to my laptop and then transfer the installer to my Mac Mini?

My Snow Leopard Mac Mini (Server Model) has a quirky software (?) issue problem preventing it from connecting to the internet. I want to upgrade it to Mountain Lion anyway. Can I download the ML installer to my laptop and then transfer the installer to my Mac Mini?

Or can it only be done by connecting the Mac MIni itself in order to get the correct installer version for that machine. The Mac store told me that in ML, the Server software is now a plug in instead. So I can install the normal ML version and then afterwards install the Server plugin if I want to. (I dont need it, actually.)

thanks for any advice

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 2:05 AM

There are no replies.

My Mac Mini has a problem preventing it from connecting to the internet. I want to upgrade it to Mountain Lion. Can I download the ML installer to my laptop and then transfer the installer to my Mac Mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.