Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ClickToFlash doesn't work with Safari 6?

Hi All,

I have just installed ClickToFlash from the apple extension website.

Unfortunately, while I see a "download" option when right clicking now on flash videos, nothing happens when I click download.

Does ClickToFlash just not work with Safari 6 anymore or is it just my computer?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Peter

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 3:31 AM

Peter...

Apparenlty does not support v10.8 > ClickToFlash

v10.4 - v10.6

5 replies

Aug 29, 2013 3:31 AM in response to PeterTroob

Hello Peter,

You may have disabled Java for your Mac OR You must have Flash installed in order for ClickToFlash to control Flash content. Download available here.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

With Flash installed, and ClickToFlash installed, launch Safari. From your Safari menu bar click Safari / ClickToFlash / Settings. Make sure the "enable ClickToFlash" button is selected.Anytime you visit a site that requires Flash, you'll see a box like this.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv54/CSSamit/th_Flashimage.jpg?t=1293478224

Just right or control click "Flash" ... that's all there is to it. Flash content will not load unless you click that box.

Aug 29, 2013 6:32 AM in response to PeterTroob

>>I have just installed ClickToFlash from the apple extension website.

Clicktoflash extension works on 10.8 - the link given in explanation above is for an outdated webkit plugin, which stopped working with Safari 5.1 (about 2 years ago), just as it says there...

Note: Safari 5.1 drops support for WebKit Plugins, which unfortunately includes ClickToFlash.

Try out Marc Hoyois’ ClickToPlugin Safari Extension.

ClickToFlash doesn't work with Safari 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.