Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to delete an app on iPhone freezes it and then restarts it. No apps are running, all closed. Help?

I downloaded the latest update to Day One app, and now it won't open, just hangs there for a minute and returns to the home screen. I closed all the apps (double tap home button, hold down app, hit the minus sign). Then tried to delete Day One, but the x just turns grey, hangs there for a minute and the causes the iPhone to restart. No other app has caused this problem, I have the most up-to-date iOS.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 5:20 AM

7 replies

Aug 29, 2013 5:22 AM in response to Kaj Rydman

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps from the tray BEFORE doing the reset.

Aug 29, 2013 7:13 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Thank you James. I tried that, but the same problem persisted. Visited Apple Store Genius Bar, and they recommened syncing with iTunes and the removing the Day One app in iTunes. That enabled me to get rid of the app.

The real problem still remains: Day One app simply won't start on my iPhone. Hangs up a returns back to home screen. I downloaded the app again and same problem. Need to research some more.

One option is a complete restore of iPhone, but I'd hate to do that for just one app, no matter how much I liked it. I can still use it on iPad and Mac.

- Kaj

Trying to delete an app on iPhone freezes it and then restarts it. No apps are running, all closed. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.