Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have tried to connect three MOTU 828mk3's using this new aggregate device listed here, but it wont work any suggestions?

Hi

I am trying to use three 828mk3's with an analouge desk and after creating a new aggregate device in Audio/midi set up it doesn't seem to work, also the blue shaded are doesn't allow me to move the volume up or down?

Any suggetions?

Thanks

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 7:39 AM

11 replies

Aug 30, 2013 5:28 AM in response to Redtape

Ok, perhaps I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. What do you mean when you say "it doesn't work"? What exactly did you do and how exactly are you trying to use it? What happened when you tried it? How did you configure the aggregate device? Also (I may be wrong, I haven't ever needed to do it), I don't think you can control the volumes from those sliders. You use your app and/or CueMix, to create mixes.

How are your MOTUs connected?

Sep 2, 2013 6:18 AM in response to dhjdhj

Hi

The situation is like this, we have ordered 3 motu 828mk3 AI's to replace old avid hardware. We have a 24 track analogue BIG desk made by langley. The issue is that Logic 9 and Pro tools 10 don't want to use all the sound cards together, if we change the playback engine to MOTU 2 then we can use channels 9-16, then the 3rd one for channels 17-24 etc. Looking around at forums and other sites as lead me to set up a new aggregate device in the audio/midi set up in utilities. Again after we tried this it still doesn't allow us to use all three together. Motu state that you can daisy chain up to 4 devices, i have sent an email to MOTU but have yet to gain a response.

Sep 2, 2013 6:31 AM in response to Redtape

Then I have no idea what's going on on your system ---- I have two MOTU 828s connected together via firewire.

I created an aggregate device called MOTUSystem and added both MOTUs to it.

Then I started Logic Pro X (and I also tried this in Logic Pro 9), and in the Core Audio section, for the Output Device I selected MOTUSystem.

Then I created a new project, added an audio track and clicked on the Output selector at which point I could see all the channels.

I have tried to connect three MOTU 828mk3's using this new aggregate device listed here, but it wont work any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.