Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to change the folder, where pages gets its templates from?

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to change the folder where Pages gets the users templates from. I would like to create a folder on a server and then setup Pages on computers connected to the server to get the personal templates from there. Is that somehow possible.

Thanks,

William.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), Other OS, OS X Mavericks

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 7:14 AM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2013 11:23 AM in response to AppelDevel

Hi AD,

YOU (and other users) can get custom templates from any folder to which you have access. In Finder, navigate to the folder, locate the template file, and double click it

Pages gets them only from the My Templates folder in the current user's own Library. Changing that location is likely possible, but would require making changes internal to the application. Those changes could not be guaranteed to survive an update to the application.

Should this be an important feature to add, you could make a request via the Feedback channel. Go to the Pages menu in Pages, choose Provide Pages Feedback, and submit a Feature enhamcement request.

Regards,

Barry

Aug 29, 2013 11:39 AM in response to Barry

Hi Barry,

thanks for the answer. I have now solved the problem by creating an alias of the folder on the server containing the templates and putting it in the "Templates" folder in each users libary. Now each user who has access to the server and has the alias in his folder has the templates shown in Pages. (was looking for it for of use in office)

Regards,

William.

Is it possible to change the folder, where pages gets its templates from?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.