Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Imac 24" goes black screen after start up. Booting from original CD or CMD R don't work, both go black screen

So, yesterday while playing a game of league of legends my Mac stopped running. After I resetted it, I got black screen after it the chime + loading bal.

So far I've tried:

CMD+R => black screen

Holding shift => black screen

Holding Alt => chosing the HR, the repair disk, or the original CD to reintsall => black screen

Holding S => got to the terminal, did the check up, it said it was ok, restarted => black screen

Took off the power cable, waiting at least 15 seconds, and everything back on => black screen

Holding Alt Cmd + p + R => black screen after restart

Removed 1 of the memories, then testen, same with the other one => black screen

I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. Anything I've overlooked?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Black screen

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 8:22 AM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2013 9:52 AM in response to Scroefje

Any white text?

Startup - Black Screen/White Text

Startup – Red Screen

Startup Issues - Resolve

Startup Issues - Resolve (2)

Startup Issues - Resolve (3)

Restart the computer holding down the command - option/alt - P - R keys before the grey screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time.

Reset NVRAM/PRAM

Try a SMC reset. The article covers when this is required, but doing this will not affect anything.

Reset SMC

My Imac 24" goes black screen after start up. Booting from original CD or CMD R don't work, both go black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.