Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband won't record my voice or anything.

A couple of months ago or may i say nearly a year, i tried out garageband to record my voice. Back then, I was a newbie to this whole apple MAC thing and applications like garageband. So i only would use it to record my voice and i also could change the vocal effects. It worked fine. Then one day, i opened garageband and wanted to record me singing but it didn't work. There's a constant sound of a beat while i record and listen to it after recording. Also, the bar goes totally flatline when i record and listen. The ziz-zag line doesn't come up in the bar. I didn't know what was wrong, i tried to make it work but obviously that didn't happen. So, i left it like that and i didn't bother using it. Though, i want to start using it again for my singing but it still doesn't work.

I would really appreciate some help. 🙂

GarageBand (Mac) '11

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 11:51 AM

2 replies

Jan 31, 2017 7:01 AM in response to Cheeky-rabbit

Did this work for you Cheeky-rabbit? My internal mic is selected in GB preferences and still it records nothing. I just downloaded GB and find it appalling that mac would design recording software that wouldn't automatically defer to an internal mic when no other device is connected, at least as a starting point. I'm using an iMac, so should be no compatibility issues.

In addition any advice as to how one goes about requesting a return on an app would be great. The last three apps I downloaded and paid for from the mac app store have been garbage that completely lack basic intuition in design.

Many thanks.

Garageband won't record my voice or anything.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.