Skip navigation

No Importable Files

397 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2013 7:09 AM by Ernie Stamper RSS
nychava Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 29, 2013 11:13 AM

None of the selected files or folders can be imported. Change the selection and try again.

Hello, I use FCX and Aperture.

I want to use the photo browser in FCX to drag and drop short video clips that are stored in the Aperture library.

The video was shot with an iPhone.

I have tried to move it into the timeline as well as add it to an event. Nothing works.

I always get the same message:

No Importable Files

None of the selected files or folders can be imported. Change the selection and try again.

Please help. I have had this problem for more than one year.

Aperture 3
  • Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (22,760 points)
    Aug 30, 2013 7:49 AM (in response to nychava)

Can you access the videos in the Aperture library via the media browser from another application, mail for example?

If so this sounds more like a Final Cut problem and you might want to post in that community.

regards

• Ernie Stamper Level 8 Level 8 (37,440 points)
    Aug 30, 2013 8:40 AM (in response to nychava)

Have you ever done this with any video stored in the Aperture Library?  I just tested, in FCPX, both with a clip shot on my iPhone, and another shot on my DSLR.  Both were available to drag into a New Project's timeline.

Ernie

Sep 25, 2013 6:34 PM (in response to nychava)

To try and figure out where the problem is first

Did you try to access the videos via the media browser in an app other then Final Cut? If so did it work? It you haven't tried it yet try it now.

Second make a new Aperture library add a few images and videos to it and try to access it from FC.  Does that work?

Finally if the above two fail make a new user, log in as that user and run Aperture. Now add a few images and videos to this library and run FC. Does it work now?

Doing these steps will help isolate the problem.  Post the results back.

BTW did you get any information or help in the FC community?? If so what was it?

regards

• léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,380 points)
    Sep 25, 2013 11:24 PM (in response to Frank Caggiano)

BTW did you get any information or help in the FC community?? If so what was it?

The thread in the Final Cut forum is here: Re: No Importable Files

Sep 26, 2013 6:34 AM (in response to léonie)

It is not clear to me whether Tom W read closely enough to realize a video clip is being discussed, and not merely a still photo in the Aperture Library?

I will try to do some further testing when time allows.  I think it may be a permissioning problem, but not at all sure.

Ernie

Sep 26, 2013 6:48 AM (in response to Ernie Stamper)

Well I'd like to see the OP run the tests I suggested above so we can determine if this is something in this library, in his environment or on his system or possibly wiht his FC installation.

Without knowing that we're just shooting in  the dark.

regards

Sep 26, 2013 7:09 AM (in response to Ernie Stamper)

Btw, since FCPX cannot use the video clips from storage in the Aperture Library, but rather when one is dragged into the FCPX project timeline, it then is imported, the permissions issue could be with the volume where the FCPX events are created.

Ernie

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.