Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"TV Shows" icon missing from Apple TV Main Menu

It appears that the Apple TV software update 5.3 has removed the "TV Shows" icon from the main menu. Now, I no longer have AppleTV access to the TV shows I have purchased and I am unable to search/purchase other TV shows. Has anyone similar findings?

Note: Parental Controls are confirmed to have not hidden the "TV Shows" icon; in fact, the "TV Shows" icon does not appear in my Apple TV's Parental Controls settings.

Apple TV

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 12:45 PM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2013 12:59 PM in response to RichMW

Welcome to the Apple Community.

There appears to be a large increase in this type of problem at this time, it seems that that there is a problem at Apple's end, but I couldn't at all be sure.

There are no issues being reported at Apple’s System Status page, but this status may yet be updated and it may be you need to try again a little later.

This isn't affecting me here in the UK, where exactly are you.

So far I have noted users in the following locations having similar problems:

USA

If this is a problem at Apple’s end, it rarely happens, however when it does only Apple can fix it. When this has occurred previously it has usually been resolved in a few hours or slightly more.

"TV Shows" icon missing from Apple TV Main Menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.