Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Refurbished or New ??

What exactly do you get if you buy a refurbished iPad ?? What is it ?? Are they iPads that were faulty, now fixed ?? How do I know they're completely fixed ??

Will I buy a new iPad Mini 16GB or a Refurbished ?? Thanks.

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 1:29 PM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2013 4:00 PM in response to dmcmeel412

Hi,

A refurbished ipad, as has been pointed out here, comes with a new front and back cover, a brand new battery and a full one year warranty. (Note that refurbed ipads even from certified resellers do not come with these specs.)

We bought two last year (after the now discontinued ipads came out, because of some concerns, we wanted to buy an ipad 2 at 32 or 64 gb but could not find any in stores, so for the first time went to the Apple online only refurb store.) My husband vas very happy with it and then we bought another for one of our sons in college. This year we bought one as a gift. They have been great!

The great thing about it is if you are on a budget, and for example, you will buy a new ipad4 for $499.00, you can get a refurbished 32gb for the same price - $499.00. If you plan on paying $599.00 for a new 32 gb, you can upgrade and buy a refurbed 64gb. Both of these 'up' options will give you more space and let you be less concerned about how much space everything you want to add will not be allowed for lack of space.

Clearly, when these are returned, they are also carefully checked on the inside for hardware issues, and many are available because within that two week return period they realize they need more space.

The ipad comes in a new box - same as new ipad and has charger, etc.

Most people on these threads seem to suggest that you should get as much space as you can because you cannot add to it (and I know you can store some things in the cloud, etc.) Think about what you'll need in terms of music, movies, tv shows, pictures, videos, books, etc. and that should help you decide.

Given our experience with our refurbed ipads, we would do it again, even though we haven't and do not plan to buy anything refurbished anywhere else. Oh. Please note too, that when people ask about buying a refurbished ipad many ipad, macbook pro, mini, etc. users have only good things to say about their experience.

And if you don't need more space, you can use the $$ you'll have saved to buy Apple Care +, which allows for three glass, water, damage, etc. (same as iphones.) It can be a good investment,

Hope this helps.

Refurbished or New ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.