Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting error 9 every time try to restore iphone 5 crash on me tell me to go to itunes did it on a pc got error -1 so had a go on my mini mac get error 9 all the time

im update firmware for iphone 5 to 6.1.4 getting error 9 every time try to restore iphone 5 crash on me tell me to go to itunes did it on a pc got error -1 so had a go on my mini mac get error 9 all the time😠

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 9:12 AM

Hello Tien Manh,

Thanks for the question. The following article outlines the various error messages you are receiving:

iTunes: Specific update-and-restore error messages and advanced troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

Error 9

This error occurs when the device unexpectedly loses its USB connection with iTunes. This can occur if the device is manually disconnected during the restore process. This issue can be resolved by performing USB troubleshooting, using a different USB dock-connector cable, trying another USB port, restoring on another computer, or by eliminating conflicts from third-party security software.

Error -1

Attempt to restore your iOS device two more times. If the issue is still unresolved, the device may need service.

Thanks,

Matt M.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2013 9:12 AM in response to Tien Manh

Hello Tien Manh,

Thanks for the question. The following article outlines the various error messages you are receiving:

iTunes: Specific update-and-restore error messages and advanced troubleshooting

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

Error 9

This error occurs when the device unexpectedly loses its USB connection with iTunes. This can occur if the device is manually disconnected during the restore process. This issue can be resolved by performing USB troubleshooting, using a different USB dock-connector cable, trying another USB port, restoring on another computer, or by eliminating conflicts from third-party security software.

Error -1

Attempt to restore your iOS device two more times. If the issue is still unresolved, the device may need service.

Thanks,

Matt M.

getting error 9 every time try to restore iphone 5 crash on me tell me to go to itunes did it on a pc got error -1 so had a go on my mini mac get error 9 all the time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.