Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios not getting server push messages

I'm new to Apple server so I'm sure this has been asked before, but I could not find a straight answer.

I set up a Mac Server with a .local hostname as I do not need services to be published to the Internet.

I enrolled all of our ios devices using the local Wifi, all devices get updates, lock and wipe commands without an issue.

Once my users leave and are no longer using the local wifi, devices do not get any push messages. No updates, lock or wipe commands are received by our devices.

I have the mac server on a private IP address 10.1.1.1 and the following internet ports are forwarded on the firewall (with a static public ip address) to the mac server:

Can someone help get devices to receive push notifications, configuration updates, lock and wipe commands without being connected to our local wifi?

If this is not possible then what is the proper mac server configuration to be able to do this?

Thank you,

GACN

OS X Server

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 2:04 PM

2 replies

ios not getting server push messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.