Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless kb/trackball slowdown when using USB3 flash

I tried to look all around the forums but could not find the answer for my issue...

I have a late 2012 Mac mini (current OSX ML 10.8.4) with a Logitech wireless K270 keyboard & Logitech wireless M570 trackball - both synced to a Logitech unifying receiver. I've been using both the keyboard & trackball for almost a year without a problem until today - I purchased a 32GB USB3.0 flash drive and plugged it into one of the open USB ports on the back of the mini.

immediately I could not use the trackball or keyboard with full control. the entire system & computer seemed to grind to a halt. I've tried to shutdown/restart several times and have the same problem.

I've heard of potential issues using Bluetooth devices with USB3, but my keyboard & trackball do not use Bluetooth

Does anyone know of any workarounds for this problem?

TIA - Luke

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), 2.5Ghz dual core i5

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Aug 30, 2013 6:46 AM in response to lllaass

You do not make sense... As I mentioned in my post, I am using 2 logitech wireless devices (K270 keyboard and M570 Trackball) that are using a Logitech unifying receiver (it operates on 2.4Ghz frequency), HOWEVER the Mac mini is not using WIFI. I never mentioned WIFI at anytime.

The Logitech unifying receiver is plugged into the USB3.0 port closest to the Thunderbolt/MiniDisplay port. I attempted to plug in the new 32GB USB3.0 flash drive in the port closest to the Audio In & Out jacks.

You have not helped me with my problem.

Wireless kb/trackball slowdown when using USB3 flash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.