Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 canceling sync stuck, some photos don't sync to iPad

I hope someone has an answer to this because it has been troubling me for quite some time and I've searched the community and have not found an answer that works for me. I have a 64GB iPad 2. Every time I try to sync it gets stuck on canceling sync in iTunes. This happens if I am doing a Wifi sync or if I am plugged into my computer. The sync icon in the upper right goes away on my iPad but iTunes keeps saying canceling sync. I've let it go all day while at work before and it never stopped.

The other issue is that in the Photos app there are a few photos that are just not going to my iPad. I do not have this problem with my iPhone 5 using the same iPhoto library. When I go into the Photos app on my iPad and go into the album that the photos that aren't syncing are in, it actually says at the bottom, "syncing 3 of 6".

Here is what I have tried:

• resetting the iPad by pressing the power and home buttons until the apple log appears.
  • closing all the apps and resetting
  • closing all the apps and restarting by holding the power button and turning it off
  • I even went so far as deleting the entire iPad and restoring from a backup. The problem was there as soon as it was done restoring which took forever so I do not want to do that again.
  • Deleted the album with the photos that aren't syncing in iPhotos on the computer and tried recreating it.

Any thoughts? Like I said, this has been going on for a while. Before, I didn't notice that it didn't sync anything. It seemed to have everyting on my iPad so for months I just ignored it and quit iTunes. But now, I have photos that aren't syncing.

iPad 2, iOS 6.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2013 9:47 AM

Not sure if this is solved for other people but it finally has fixed itself for me since updating to iOS 7.

1 reply

iPad 2 canceling sync stuck, some photos don't sync to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.