You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I see my devices in iTunes?

The support page says if I click File, I will see a menu item "Devices." That item does not appear.

iPad, iOS 4.3.3, actually 4.3.5 (8L1)

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 4:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2014 4:41 AM

This fix has been tested in Windows 8.1 using iTunes 11.3.0.54

• Plug in your Apple Device via the USB port on your computer
  • Open Device Manager
  • Navigate to Portable Devices in the list of devices listed
  • Right click on your Apple Device
  • Select Update Driver Software
  • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software
  • In this Window navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  • Once you have selected the Drivers folder ensure “Include Subfolders” is selected and click “Next”
  • This should then solve your problem, the device should then reconnect to Windows and the Device should appear in iTunes.
4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2014 4:41 AM in response to trafalgar4

This fix has been tested in Windows 8.1 using iTunes 11.3.0.54

• Plug in your Apple Device via the USB port on your computer
  • Open Device Manager
  • Navigate to Portable Devices in the list of devices listed
  • Right click on your Apple Device
  • Select Update Driver Software
  • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software
  • In this Window navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  • Once you have selected the Drivers folder ensure “Include Subfolders” is selected and click “Next”
  • This should then solve your problem, the device should then reconnect to Windows and the Device should appear in iTunes.

Aug 29, 2013 4:47 PM in response to trafalgar4

Click on the two tone square top left in itunes to show the menu bar then click view and show sidebar and you device shoulds show there. If not read

DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED IN ITUNES

If you have connected your device to your computer and it does not appear in the side bar in iTunes then for Windows computers read http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538 or if you have a MAC then read http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1591 for troubleshooting steps.

Why can't I see my devices in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.