Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving Mail late on Apple Mail

Hey Guys,

I've recently changed from using Outlook.com on Chrome to 'Apple Mail' and whenever i receive a message it's always very late. Sometimes 20 minutes sometimes 1 hour. My account is POP3 and is hotmail.co.uk. If someone could help i'd be very grateful!

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 6:42 PM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2013 9:44 PM in response to LukeBarclayRFC

In Mail, click Preferences (under Mail in the menu bar). Choose the General tab, and then check out "Check for New Messages". It sounds like you would like to check more frequently than you currently do.

Also, you will see an envelope in the upper left corner of the Mail display. You can click that envelope when you like, which will perform a "check for new mail right now."

Nov 24, 2015 7:24 AM in response to sberman

I get my emails like a day, sometimes a few days later. All in a pack. Like in some random moment there will come all the emails at the same time. There was not a single E-Mail in time yet. I use the Mail App with Gapps, this is my work environment so this is far from acceptable.

The Answer you provide, so clicking the Button all the time, is absolutely not what i am looking for.

I would like to have a notification at least around 15 minutes when the email arrives. This must be possible somehow?

Edit:// I know i am late, but apparently nothing changed.

Receiving Mail late on Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.