Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor and mpg 2

The cable access station that airs my shows just switched from using standard DVDs to a system made by Leightronix that requires mpeg 2. I am creating the shows on a Final Cut Exopress 3.5.1 and it outputs only in Quick Time Movie or Quick Time Conversion (,mov) The Leightronics requires 29.97 FPS.

Final Cut Express does not produce a mpg2 so I bought Compress 4.0.3 but am totally lost since I do not understand any of this. Also, if I do get it converted to an mpg2, I use Toaster to burn it, should I do it as data or a DVD?

Compressor, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Final Cut Express 3.5.1

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 5:43 PM

6 replies

Mar 11, 2018 5:22 PM in response to Russ H

Russ H

The "station" is a secretary who know nothing about the system beyound dropping the discs into the Leigtronics machine and following a set of directions that were given to her. I asked if I could use their password to access Leightronics service since they onl;y deal with the buyer but they refused.

The programming runs 1 1/2 hours and for the past year I have simply converted the edited version to Quick Time Conversion and only reset the frame rate to 29.97. Tjhen, it was burned to a standard DVD-R disc. But now she claims the machine will not accept it.

Would like to find someone who uses Final Cut Express to produce discs that will work. As noted, I do not understand any of this...

Chas B

Mar 11, 2018 5:22 PM in response to Russ H

Russ:

I noted in a previos reply that Leatronics will not provide service unless you purchase their equipment and the woman at the "station" will not let me use their log-in to gain access.

Am going to try and find another faciluty that uses this Leatronics system and see if they will be willing to help.

Thanks for you suggestions.

Aug 30, 2013 7:18 AM in response to Community User

FCE export via QT Conversion will not give you what I think you want.

If there is no tech person you can talk to, maybe contact Leightronix Support – if you know what equipment the station has. Just to confirm that it will take a file from say, a USB drive. And confirm that a video DVD, like you've used in the past, won't work.

If they need data disks, you'll need to divide your show into 3 parts and make multiple DVDs.

Russ

Aug 30, 2013 8:04 AM in response to Community User

I just looked at the manual for the media server, which I'm guessing is what the station has. They don't explicitely say program stream but they say "high quality MPEG-2" (which is not how I would describe the MPEG-2 DVD standard). Could you possibly ask your station coordinator to look at the instructions and see whether they say anything about program stream or possibly MPEG-2 PS?

I wasn't expecting the manufacturer to provide technical support to someone who wasn't an owner. But I would think they would answer a basic inquiry about whether the equipment wants a MPEG-2 Program Stream or something else.

Anyhow, if you find out anything from the other stations, or anywhere else, please post your findings.

Russ

Compressor and mpg 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.