Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would the Belkin AV360 Mini DisplayPort Converter (that’s made for the 27 inch iMacs) work with the new 21.5 inch iMac since it has a mini disply port.

I want to connect my Xbox or PS3 to my 21.5 inch iMac (late 2012 version) but all the reviews from from before the new iMacs came out, say that it is only compatible with the 27 inch model. The new 21in has a mini display port (which I have used to connect it to my TV) so should it work?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012)

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2013 11:51 PM

Mid 2011 and later iMacs have Thunderbolt instead, which prevents you from using the iMac as an external dispaly for your PlayStation 3 or Xbox.

In the case of the Late 2009 and Mid 2010 27-inch iMacs, there's an adapter that allows you to connect the PlayStation 3 or Xbox to the iMac, but it doesn't work in iMacs with Thunderbolt ports

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2013 11:51 PM in response to Tech Surge

Mid 2011 and later iMacs have Thunderbolt instead, which prevents you from using the iMac as an external dispaly for your PlayStation 3 or Xbox.

In the case of the Late 2009 and Mid 2010 27-inch iMacs, there's an adapter that allows you to connect the PlayStation 3 or Xbox to the iMac, but it doesn't work in iMacs with Thunderbolt ports

Would the Belkin AV360 Mini DisplayPort Converter (that’s made for the 27 inch iMacs) work with the new 21.5 inch iMac since it has a mini disply port.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.