Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange behaviour iPhone 4 Safari

While testing my website's mobile version on several devices, I noticed a very strange behaviour.

I have a scrollable content div with

overflow: auto
, and this works properly on all tested devices, except iPhone 4 on Safari. Other browsers and devices display it correctly, even iPhone 5 Safari.

On iPhone 4 Safari, when you scroll to the end of the content, a lot of extra whitespace appears at the bottom (looks like 100-200% extra height) and the text disappears when scrolling. This doesn't happen on any other devices in Safari, nor does it happen in other browsers on iPhone 4.

Has anyone ever heard of such a phenomenon before? I have absolutely no clue what causes this behaviour or how to fix it.

Since I only have access to a limited amount of devices for testing, I may be overlooking other devices/browsers where this issue also occurs. If you have a mobile device and want to test it as well, the live site is here: Live site. On the mobile homepage, click one of the logo's to expand the content, then try scrolling down.

• How it looks on iPhone 5 Safari when scrolled down (no issue): Image
  • How it looks on iPhone 4 Safari when scrolled down (issue): Image

Is this possibly a device / OS-specific bug?

iPhone 4, Safari Browser

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 5:16 AM

3 replies

Strange behaviour iPhone 4 Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.