Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased App Download Permanently Failed

Hi

I purchased Bioshock 2 from AppStore and it downloaded straight away for 30 minutes, then I paused the download. When I resumed it 8 hours later (I have on/off peak hours for my internet quota), it failed. I deleted the earlier downloaded file by clicking the cross sign in Launchpad. Then I tried again to download it from Purchase tab (App Store), but a red message appear saying that an error has occured. Everytime I click the install button nothing happens. Anyone knows the solution?

Thanks in advance.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 5:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 12:48 PM

Hi ...

According to the App Store, the Bioshock file size is 8.42 GB. That's a large file to download.

On a high speed broadband internet connection, approximately 25 to 35Mbps, that would take approximately an hour and a half to two hours, possibly more.

Check your download speed > Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

If your download speed is too slow, (less than 15Mpbs), then the file is timing out before it can finish.

The quota for file downloads from your ISP may also prevent such large files from downloading not just the speed.

Contact your ISP for help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2013 12:48 PM in response to ksuyen

Hi ...

According to the App Store, the Bioshock file size is 8.42 GB. That's a large file to download.

On a high speed broadband internet connection, approximately 25 to 35Mbps, that would take approximately an hour and a half to two hours, possibly more.

Check your download speed > Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

If your download speed is too slow, (less than 15Mpbs), then the file is timing out before it can finish.

The quota for file downloads from your ISP may also prevent such large files from downloading not just the speed.

Contact your ISP for help.

Purchased App Download Permanently Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.