Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The curious case of the missing airplay icon

Hello everyone,

last night I noticed that the airplay icon was missing on my iPad. I didn't show up in videos, music or youtube.
When I turned on my iMac I saw that the icon was also missing in iTunes. The only thing I did yesterday was to connect my iPad to my iMac to sync iTunes.

I didn't do anything else really. That's why I figured it might be a good idea to update iTunes. Everything else is pretty much up to date and works fine. Also checked my router and wifi settings and couldn't detect anything out of the ordinary. Basically did everything people advised on the web. Resetting AppleTV didn't help either.

So right now I cannot mirror anything via AppleTV because the airplay symbol is missing on my iOS device as well as on my Mac. You probably know how much that s****. Does anyone have the same issues with airplay? Can anyone help me? I would really appreciate it!

Take care!

AppleTV 2

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 6:05 AM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2013 6:08 AM in response to LadyMaracuja

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
  2. Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).
  3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  5. Restart your router.
  6. Restart your mobile device.

The curious case of the missing airplay icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.