Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need iPhoto upgrade for an old OS 10.3.9 system

I have an old Mac G5 desktop computer that uses 10.3.9 Tiger. My iPhoto software came from my iLife '06 software. I'd like to upgrade the iPhoto software to at least be able to organize photos into "events."
I am an artist and my only use for this old Mac is in my studio for holding photos for reference. If you know how I can improve my iPhoto program, please help!

Many thanks

Victoria Moon Joyce

Power Mac G5 (Late 2004), Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 7:58 AM

4 replies

Aug 30, 2013 9:20 AM in response to victoriafromnb

Actually Events is just another name for Rolls. The both server the same purpose, organize photos by imports or by date. iPhoto 8 (09) was the first to have Events. There will be many feature enhancements when upgrading to iPhoto 8. But you can use Rolls just the same as Events.

The only thing to remember is when using Rolls remane them to something other than Roll XX so that when you do upgrade to iPhoto and Events the standard Roll names, i.e. Roll 12, don't end up converted to "Unnamed Event". If you name the rolls with some informative title and even a date that will be carried over to the Event title when you do upgrade.

Need iPhoto upgrade for an old OS 10.3.9 system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.