Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto 11 lost some of my photos and my time machine can't find them either?

I recently got a new laptop, I transferred my files using time machine and everything transferred fine apart from I lost 3 albums from iphoto which are shown as black in the iphoto library and in my time machine back up? From the internet this seems to be due to an iphot update but I have tried restoring from time machine and rebuilding and neither has worked, I thought my files were completely backed up with time machine but these 3 sets of photos can't be found anywhere, is there any hope of recovering them? :/

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 9:31 AM

1 reply

Aug 30, 2013 10:43 AM in response to lifeismusic7

Apply the two fixes below in order as needed:

Fix #1

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library.

User uploaded file

iPhoto 8 (09) and earlier- run the options indicated

User uploaded file

iPhoto 9 (11) and later- run Option #4 to rebuild the database

Fix #2

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

1 - download iPhoto Library Manager (iPhoto 8 or earlier or IPhoto 11 and later) and launch.

2 - click on the Add Library button and select the library you want to add in the selection window..

3 - Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the

File ➙ Rebuild Library (iPhoto 8 or earlier)

or

Library ➙ Rebuild Library (iPhoto 9 or later)

menu option to rebuild the library.

4 - In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.

5 - Click on the Create button.

Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments. However, books, calendars, cards and slideshows will be lost. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.

OT

iphoto 11 lost some of my photos and my time machine can't find them either?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.