Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not showing icloud purchases

Recently my Apple TV 2nd gen hasn't been listing all my purchases under the purchased tab. It only seems to show movies I've purchased on the Apple TV itself but I'm sure it use to show all purchase. I then use to go and find the films in the store and play it from there as it had the little cloud in the top corner but yesterday it wanted to charge me again for films I've already purchased. I went to my iMac and that let me download it again free of charge as the pop up box said I had already purchased the movie download again for free so iCloud knows I've already purchased them but Apple TV wants to charge again. I've tried signing out and back in again on the Apple TV I've tried the restart option under settings. Is there anything else I can try to resolve this issue or is it a software bug?

Many thanks

Chris

AppleTV 2

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 12:48 PM

4 replies

Aug 31, 2013 10:14 PM in response to chris_uk82

I had this same problem. Movies I have digital copy on still showed up fine. But 4 of the 5 Movies I purchased directly from the itunes store, (which used to show up fine) all disappeared suddenly. When I went to the iTunes, I signed into my itunes account, under account info, there is a section called Itunes in the cloud and one of the things you can manage is hidden purchases. Click on manage, click on movies, and sure enough, the four movies I was looking for showed hidden. I had to click to unhide and that fixed the problem.

I have no idea how long they had been hidden, and the 5th movie that was hidden was a recent purchase, so it could be that the other 4 had been mysteriously hidden, and I just didn't notice until I went to play a disney movie for my granddaughter visiting from CA.

Now the question still remains, how did they get hidden in the first place? I sure never hid them.....

Apple TV not showing icloud purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.