Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get a complete backup of my iPhone?

I am sure that somewhere this is answered completely...i just havent found it yet.

I plugged my phone into iTunes, did a sync and backup, then restored my phone to original state, then tried to install everything from a backup.

All of my apps are missing.

Did I do something wrong?

I need clear instructions...an explanation of the difference between a sync and a backup, and how do I completely wipe a device then reinstall exactly what i had.

TY in advance..

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 10:49 AM

6 replies

Dec 29, 2015 9:20 AM in response to thomasfromplainview

Agreed. The backup/restore process is miserably out of date. There is no way to remove all the apps that are crap, that had to be downloaded in order to discover they are crap, so they're now in the list of purchased apps forever. Obtaining a full backup so that the phone or a new phone can be set up just how it was appears to be impossible. It's starting to be an unacceptable ecosystem. I'm really starting to consider Android.

How do I get a complete backup of my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.