Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV is not listed in the drop menus from the airplay icon

My Apple TV won't show up in the drop down menu for airplay. I live in an apartment complex where everyone is on the same wifi. I can see at least ten different Apple TVs listed, but not mine. I have tried it on my MacBook, iPhone, and iPad and still nothing. Also, I have tried renaming the device. I have unplugged my Apple TV for thirty seconds then rebooted. I have restarted the device, and I have also restored the device to factory settings (when I did this, it automatically logged back in with my apple ID so I am not sure that exactly worked. All of my technologies are up to date, and I have tried calling apple. The man guided me through all of this and when the above efforts failed, he suggested bringing in the Apple TV. Everything else on the device works, it's just that the device won't show up in the airplay list on OTHER devices. Before I bring it in, does anyone have any suggestions?

AppleTV 2, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 4:46 PM

4 replies

My Apple TV is not listed in the drop menus from the airplay icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.