Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which MacBook Pro is best for media-intensive work?

I am a web designer, developer and I also edit photos and movies at my job. After 6 years of nonstop use, my current MBP just can't handle the day-to-day grind in the manner I need it to. And, thankfully, my job just approved my request for a new MacBook Pro!

So now, in terms of hardware, which MacBook Pro 15" w/ Retina can best handle a media-heavy workload? Also, what upgrades and/or essential extras should I purchase when I get my new MBP?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 6GB RAM w/ SSD

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 8:32 PM

2 replies

Aug 30, 2013 8:53 PM in response to DJWebDUck

If you're already set on a Retina MBP your only remaining choices are amount of RAM and storage. Get the greatest amount of each, because neither one can be changed after you buy it.

You have a choice of either a 2.4 or 2.7 GHz CPU. It is unlikely you would perceive a difference between the two unless you were to compare them side by side.

Bear in mind there is no optical drive in the Retina MBP. If you need one for your work, you can purchase an external SuperDrive for $79.

Which MacBook Pro is best for media-intensive work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.