Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When attempting to make a video using a prerecorded audio track with still images, part of the audio suddenly drops off.

When attempting to make a video using a prerecorded MP3 audio track with still images, part of the audio suddenly drops off, even though it is in the original imported file. I've reimported it twice, recreating the iMovie video from scratch, but the audio disappearred in the same exact spot both times. What gives?

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5), It's an MP3 audio file

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 10:51 PM

Hi

Have not enought info to have a good answer - BUT

• I only use .aiff 16-bit 48kHz (from miniDV tapes) or .aiff 44.1kHz from Audio-CDs

(no - .mp3, .wma or other alient formats - I use AudaCity (free from Internet) to convert all to .aiff)

Audio from iTunes is a Chapter for it self.

- I select all neede Audio into a new PlayList

- BURN this out as a Standard Audio-CD (.aiff)

- use the files from this Audio-CD

• Photos - only .jpg

(no .bmp or other)

Yours Bengt W

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2013 10:51 PM in response to grassbopper

Hi

Have not enought info to have a good answer - BUT

• I only use .aiff 16-bit 48kHz (from miniDV tapes) or .aiff 44.1kHz from Audio-CDs

(no - .mp3, .wma or other alient formats - I use AudaCity (free from Internet) to convert all to .aiff)

Audio from iTunes is a Chapter for it self.

- I select all neede Audio into a new PlayList

- BURN this out as a Standard Audio-CD (.aiff)

- use the files from this Audio-CD

• Photos - only .jpg

(no .bmp or other)

Yours Bengt W

When attempting to make a video using a prerecorded audio track with still images, part of the audio suddenly drops off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.