Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is the store menu to authorize a computer?

The tutorials say to go to the store menu and it will say "authorize this computer". I cannot find a store menu. I have looked everywhere that I can think of and nothing works. iTunes is always frustrating but this is an especially frustrating experience as I accidentally deleted everything on my ipod and really want it back. All the songs that came from CDs are lost to me for several months as I'm moving and everything is in storage and until I can authorize this computer my iPod has 16 songs on it.

Thank you!

iPod nano

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 10:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 10:48 PM

If the computer's running Mac OS X, move the cursor to the very top of the computer's screen, click on Store, and choose Authorize this Computer.

If the computer's running Windows, press the Alt and S keys and choose Authorize this Computer, or click here, follow the instructions, click on Store in the menu bar, and choose Authorize this Computer.

(88007)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2013 10:48 PM in response to verylostandconfused

If the computer's running Mac OS X, move the cursor to the very top of the computer's screen, click on Store, and choose Authorize this Computer.

If the computer's running Windows, press the Alt and S keys and choose Authorize this Computer, or click here, follow the instructions, click on Store in the menu bar, and choose Authorize this Computer.

(88007)

where is the store menu to authorize a computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.