Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i extend my network using an airport express

I have an airport express that connects wirelessly to an airport extreme. I would like to use it to extend my network. It has a strong signal coming in to it from my extreme. It works fine when I try to connect to the network, but it dies completely when I try to use it to extend my network. After going through a restart, it disappears from the network. The only way to bring it back to life is to unplug it, let it rest a few seconds, plut it in again, and then reset it to Connect to the Network before it crashes again.

I have a model of the express that is supposed to work with extending the network.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted on Aug 30, 2013 8:57 PM

3 replies

Aug 30, 2013 9:14 PM in response to ralphfromkearney

I would recommend that you configure your extended network by first placing the Express in the same room as the Extreme. Once the extended configuration is verified, you can take the Express to the desired location.

The key to extending a wireless network with decent overall bandwidth performance is the proper placement of the extending base station. Please check out the following AirPort User Tip for details.

how can i extend my network using an airport express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.