Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NEF files stopped being displayed on iPhoto and Preview

Hi everybody,

all of a sudden my iPhoto and Preview show Nikon NEF files with weird colors. My OSX is 10.8.4 + Camera Raw 8.1. I have updated my NEF codec and tried to reinstall iPhoto from scratch but I got nowhere. Anyone with the same trouble?

here's an example of what I get:

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), iPhoto, Preview, Nikon NEF

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 12:45 AM

16 replies

Sep 1, 2013 3:08 PM in response to udokant

Hi,

I have been experiencing the same problem and I did reinstall ML. For a couple of days everything seemed ok however now I have the weird images in some folders and not in others. I imported two days worth of shooting the other day which went into seperate folders. One is fine and the other is not.

I think that the issue is either connected to ViewNX 2.8.0 installation or Lightroom 5.0. Not sure which one yet but thought I would post my findings before you format and reinstall tomorrow.

Will keep you posted.

Terry

Sep 8, 2013 8:28 AM in response to marga7

RAW 4.08 is the newest RAW converter within OS X and is used by iphoto , Aperture and other applications. there are issues with Nikon cameras. You have to delet tho files and go back and install 4.07 as outlined here

Solution

Delete or restore from Time Machine

/System/Library/CoreServices/RawCamera.bundle

/System/Library/CoreServices/RawCameraSupport.bundle

Download

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1666

Reinstall 4.07. Finished.

NEF files stopped being displayed on iPhoto and Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.